Events in Sagres - Algarve - Portugal
Here you will find lots of information about events in Sagres in western Algarve, Portugal! See when and where the markets are in and around Sagres, what great annual events take place and when the Algarve bank holidays are so you don't miss out on something or on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing.
Sagres celebrates carnival time with a colourful procession and music along the main street and everyone joins in the fun. It takes place on Shrove Tuesday which falls in February or March.
NOT TO BE MISSED ALGARVE SUMMER EVENTS 2017
Here we go folks, Summer has officially landed in the Algarve and boy have we got a GREAT programme of events to look forward to! Just check out these highlights!
- Festival MED in Loulé - 29th June to 2nd July '17: The 14th edition of the MED Festival brings 4 days of international music, entertainment and partying…one of the Algarve’s best summer festivals and NOT TO BE MISSED! Tickets start from €12 for a daily pass and can be purchased from Bol.pt and the Festival Med Loule @ Facebook
- Culture Market At Candlelight in Lagoa - 6th to 9th July '17: The streets around the São José’s Convent will be lit up with 12,000 candles, for a truly beautiful event symbolising cultures and religions along the mythical Silk road. Entry is free and the event runs from 7pm until 1am.
- 2017 Alameda Beer Festival in Faro - 7th to 9th July ’17: It's a time for beer lovers to say “Chin Chin” and “Saude” as many times as possible in a bid to sample over 100 types of beer! This International Beer Festival is world acclaimed and it’s fun and merriment for all at Faro's Jardim da Alameda.
- Salir Medieval Festival - Salir Do Tempo - 21st to 23rd July '17: The village of Salir in Loulé steps back in time into full medieval glory, with decorations, costumes, entertainment, stalls, food, drinks and merriment! Entry costs just €3 for 1 day or €5 for the 3 days and it runs from 7pm to 2am Friday and Saturday and 6pm to 12pm on Sunday.
- 36th Faro International Motorbike Meet – 20th to 23rd July '17: One of the world’s biggest motorbike meets in Europe, attracting thousands of bikers from all over! Four days of concerts, entertainment and just biker heaven in the sunshine…and well into the night time!
- 26th Serra’s Fair of São Brás de Alportel – 27th to 30th July '17: Another great Algarve food festival, with traditional rural flavours of the Serra do Caldeirão mountains, mixed up with some innovative new cuisine techniques! €3.50 to get in and different music acts each night until 1am or 2am!
- Festival Al-Buhera in Albufeira – 26th to 30th July '17: 5 nights of fun, music, street acts, local food and handicrafts and definitely a not-to-be-missed Algarve summer event! It takes place in Pescadores Square (behind Fisherman’s beach) and starts at 7pm each night.
- Ria Formosa Festival – 27th July to 6th August '17 in Faro: If you love seafood, you won’t want to miss this! The best of the Ria Formosa seafood will be cooked along with other regional specialities and in true Algarve style, they’ll be drinking and entertainment too! The festival takes place from 7pm to 1am in Faro’s São Francisco Square.
- Portimão Sardine Festival – 2nd to 6th August '17: One of the Algarve’s most famous food festivals and a celebration of one of the most staple parts of Portuguese summer dining! The smell of grilled sardines is synonymous with Algarve summer’s and a piece of bread is all you need as a plate to sample the much loved fish! Along with eating and drinking there’s the typical music and partying too, entry is free and the “Zona Ribeirinha” river front is the place to be!
- 32nd Olhão Seafood Festival, “Festival do Marisco” – 10th to 15th August '17: Calling all foodies to the Algarve! It’s time to sample some of the best seafood and shellfish from the Ria Formosa in another of our famous Summer festivals! Music and partying obligatory and the event costs from €6-9, with entry from 7pm.
- Albufeira Fisherman's Festival, Festa Do Pescador: First weekend of September 2017, 1st, 2nd and 3rd September!
For more information about what's going on in the Algarve over Summer, check out the Visit Algarve July 2017 Events Guide, the Visit Algarve website, or pop into any tourist information office when you get here to make sure you don’t miss out on something!